PDCA is looking for speakers to present the latest information in business growth, marketing, finance, management, products, and techniques which can be applied to the painting industry. We are excited to spotlight new ideas and fresh voices at the 2019 PDCA Expo in Savannah, Georgia on March 6-8. If you or your company has information to share that will be useful and engaging for other contractors, please read the following Presenter Guidelines and the Commitment To Educational Excellence, and submit your presentation to PDCA Education by July 15, 2018 using the form below. In order to ensure all presentations are of the highest quality and offer superior practical value for Expo attendees, the Presenter Guidelines and Commitment To Educational Excellence will be followed closely for all 2019 presentations. If you have questions please contact us: (800) 332-7322, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in presenting at the PDCA Expo, 2019. Presentation submissions must be received utilizing the form below by July 15, 2018. Presentation selections will be finalized by August 15, 2018 and presenters will be offered an agreement stipulating the Presenter Guidelines and the Commitment To Educational Excellence. Upon receipt of signed agreement PDCA will begin marketing your presentation to its membership. If you are selected to present at the 2018 Expo you will be asked to provide PDCA with your presentation notes and your completed slide deck no later than January 31, 2019.
- Presentations will take place on Wednesday, March 6 through Friday, March 8, 2019 (final schedule will be forthcoming)
- Each full classroom presentation is expected to be 75 minutes in length
- Presenters selected must sign an agreement attesting to each presenter’s understanding of the Presenter Guidelines and the Commitment To Educational Excellence
- Presenters will receive a complimentary Expo registration on the day of their presentation, or a full event registration for $250 off the regular price. PDCA does not provide additional monetary compensation to presenters
- Presenters may request space to distribute literature or sell books and products at the Presenter Sales Table (see submission form)
- PDCA sponsors will receive priority consideration for selection, with full discretion for final selection residing in the PDCA Education Director and Education Committee.
- PDCA reserves the right to record and distribute all presentations offered by EXPO presenters
The list below contains suggested/recommended topics for presentations. Other topics will be considered upon submission.
- Best Practices
- Blue Print Reading
- Business Growth
- Business Strategy
- Commercial Painting
- Employee Management
- Exterior Painting
- Floor coating
- Environmentally-friendly Painting Solutions
- Health risks
- Human Resources
- Industrial Painting
- Industry Direction and Change
- Interior Painting
- Digital Marketing
- Leadership Development
- New Products
- Paint Chemistry
- Project Management
- Residential Painting
- Search Engine Optimization
- Small Business Success
- Social Media Marketing
- Succession Planning
- Website Design
- Women in Contracting
Standard Presentation Room Equipment:
Classrooms at the 2019 EXPO will provide the following resources for speakers. Items not listed here will be considered when requested by a presenter but their availability are not guaranteed. Presenters will need to bring their own laptops with their presentations pre-loaded.
- Podium and table
- Lavalier Microphone
- Projector and Screen
- HDMI connector (if you cannot connect to HDMI, please bring your own HDMI adapter)
Commitment To Educational Excellence:
By agreeing to present at the 2019 Painting & Decorating Expo, presenters agree to uphold Contractor College’s Commitment To Educational Excellence. This Commitment is designed to maintain the highest quality of educational standards.
The benefits of a commitment to a high standard of educational excellence guarantee:
- Presenters’ professional reputations will become synonymous with the high quality education offered at Contractor College events and will be viewed as a reputable business resource
- PDCA education will maintain consistency between its educational mission and products
- Participants will continue to receive the high quality education they have come to expect from PDCA programs
To ensure the integrity of these benefits, presenters must be prepared to agree to the following standards:
- Delivery of the course, as approved by PDCA Education, without disproportionate endorsement, marketing, or bias
- Limitation of company logos, product name, and/or branding
- Distribution of information and handouts solely with intent to reinforce the learning objectives
- Creative teaching techniques and devices appropriate for learning objectives and learning styles of attendees
- Accuracy of all presentation materials and information
- Conciseness of presentation-timing to fit parameters of course schedule
- Refraining from requiring attendees to submit contact information
- Direct coordination with, and required approval of, PDCA National Education Director, Chris Shank, for all details relevant to presentation information and materials, event logistics, and delivery specifications.
- Consistent and optimistic representation of PDCA and all of its representatives, materials, and education in presenter's verbiage, conduct, and content in accordance with the superior quality and integrity of PDCA's Ethics, Education, and Excellence
It is the sole prerogative of the PDCA Education Committee to select presenters for all PDCA education events, online or regional, including the PDCA EXPO. The Education Committee bases its decisions on the knowledge and expertise of the speaker, relevance and usefulness of information, freshness of voice and presence, uniqueness of perspective and delivery, record of previous engagement results with various audiences, and with priority consideration given to PDCA Associates and Sponsors.